Let me start by saying that I am not a vegan however, this recipe fooled every taste bud in my body! I absolutely could become a vegan if eating this everyday was realistic. With that being said, if you havent tried any vegan dishes or even if you’re a seasoned vegan you will NOT be disappointed.Print
Vegan Beyond Meat & Grits
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: Vegan
1 Package of Beyond Meat mild or hot italian “sausage” links
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Onion
½ Tbsp of Smoked paprika
1 Tbsp or more to taste of Cajun seasoning (ex. Slap ya momma)
1-2 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper
Grits (Old Fashioned or quick will both work ) **Cook according to packaged directions**
Vegan cheese (optional)
1. Diagonally slice sausages to your desired thickness.
2. Dice peppers and onions.
3. In a Sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
4. Sauté sausages in a pan on medium heat. Lightly season and allow to brown on both sides.
5. Remove from pan and place on plate.
6. Add an additional tbsp of olive oil to the pan.
7. Sauté peppers and onions. Season with the remaining cajun seasoning and black pepper.
8. Add the sausage back to the vegetable saute.
9. Cook according to package directions. You can substitute a portion of the water for your favorite plant based milk if you desire to do so.
10. Be sure to stir your grits with a whisk or a fork to avoid lumpiness.
11. Once they’re finished cooking, you can add in butter, cheese, SALT or SUGAR (Drop your preference in the comments below!)
12. Serve your Cajun Sausage and pepper saute over your fresh creamy grits, but most importantly don’t forget to sprinkle in a little bit of Love and Light in every bite!
“Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?….” – Matthew 5:13