Cornbread has always been a staple in the Harris household. Over the years we’ve made it a million different ways, but this is the recipe I had to share with you all! I hope you all love it as much as we do. Don’t forget to tag me in your posts when you recreate this for you tribe! Happy Cooking!Print
This is truly an easy dump and mix recipe! I promise you that this is the cornbread recipe you’ve been looking for!
2 boxes of Jiff cornbread in the blue box (Nothing fancy, just Jiff)
1 Stick of melted butter or margarine + 4 Tbsp to grease your skillet
½ cup of sugar
3/4 cup of buttermilk (You can add a 1/2 cup more if batter is too thick)
1/4 cup of whole milk
1 -2 Dollops of Sour cream
1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup of honey
Sprinkle of Cinnamon + sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Place Cast iron skillet in the oven. Trust me! This is where you’ll get those crispy edges later.
2. Place all of your dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Melt your butter and let it cool. It doesn’t need to be room temperature, but make sure its not piping hot!
4. Add your wet ingredients to the bowl with your dry ingredients
5. Stir until large lumps disappear.
6. Remove your pan that should now be hot from the oven.
7. Drop about ½ stick of butter in the pan. Make sure you grease the entire pan. (BE CAREFUL)
8. Spread batter into your pan evenly and place back into the oven.
9. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until done. You will know it is done when you can stick a toothpick or knife in the center and it comes out clean.
Now its time for our HONEY BUTTTTTTA…
10. Melt but and honey. Brush or drizzle over finished cornbread.
11. Sprinkle a pinch more of cinnamon to finish!
12. Most importantly, dont forget to sprinkle your love + light in every bite!!
You’re beautiful from head to toe, my dear love beautiful beyond compare, absolutely flawless.
Songs of Solomon 4:7
Keywords: Recipe, Honey, food, southern, soul food, bake, quick,near me, sunshine and soul, kitchen, honey butter, cornbread, moist, mom, easy, foodie, restaurant, restaurant-style,